Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Clowns to the Left of Me, Criminals to the Right…

 


I tuned in online today to listen to a panel of liberal political pundits whom I usually find engaging. I don’t always agree with them, sometimes their anger reads louder than the sense they try and make of things. All good 👍 we can certainly benefit from listening to other’s differing opinions. But what I was hoping to hear was a discussion of our ridiculous former criminal in chief’s fake golf meeting since I don’t watch media news. Alas, there was only a brief aside to that and instead most of the conversation descended into an attack on the US media’s coverage of the passing of Britain‘s longest reigning monarch. They protested that it happened a week ago, why is our media still talking about it? Stop already. Then THEY proceeded to talk about it for an hour. Mmm, okay. Just an hour of monarchy bashing vitriol and the lack of accountability in the case of Prince Andrew’s life of perversion and the monarchy’s history of genocide and on and on.  I’m sorry, Prince Andrew suffered no consequences?  In the past 70 years, the British monarchy has remained unchanged? We’ve given the passing of this 96 year old woman her due, now back to the self righteous anger business?  And did we not begin our grand US experiment in an anti monarchy republic by committing genocide, building our foundation of infrastructure and economy on the backs of slaves and continue to this day to see most of us taken advantage of and abused?  

This is the reality of our so called equality and freedom for all. This liberal panel was not all male and white folk, but I saw it full of righteous indignation and anger that was well sprinkled with hypocrisy. Entitled thinking is the issue for me I think. Entitlement comes in all colors, genders and walks of life. I’m better than you; my opinion is better than yours; I have more money so I matter more, however benign I may think I am being in any of those thoughts, that’s entitlement. For me, money is not the root of evil, the destructive notion that I deserve better than someone else is. I’m a flawed human being along with everyone, but my life is a continuous attempt of humility, service and kindness. 



Still no answers on Golf-green Gate. Maybe Drumpf and his old white men lackies were just exchanging cookie recipes?  Or maybe the old uncles were hoping that the mere sight of their powerful collective presence will keep fear instilled in whomever they think should be cowering before them. 


Oy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment